Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Some of you might be thinking 40 life lessons! Are you crazy, that’s at least 1 for every year I’ve been on this planet! I can barely tell what time it is, let alone learn something “new”!
Have no fear, conciseness is here! This article is a quicker read than Dr. Seuss’ Cat In The Hat waiting to feed.
Wouldn’t it just be nice instead to feel that nearly all of your days are “above board”– not just barely above ground?
The following “chosen ones” are some quick and easy lessons of life to help you with your mindset, body feeling and emotional healing not only on those days when you need a pick-me-up, but even on those “good days” to make them even Greater Days to remember.
Of course there are thousands of life lessons out there based on countless philosophies, fields and subject matter we can all choose for an uplift to help carry us through our daily life. Maybe you’ve heard some of these before. If you have, great! I often like to say that if you have a tough time learning anything new these days, “It’s easier to be reminded than to be taught”. These are merely some of the quickest and easiest to recall, rehearse, and recite over and over again for yourself and others to gain and keep a grounded, balanced perspective on … YOU!
- Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
- When in doubt, just take the next small step.
- Life is too short to waste time hating someone.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up your present.
- It’s OK to let your children cry.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
- Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful.
- Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
- It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
- When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, use the fine china, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
- Over-prepare, then go with the flow.
- Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
- The most important sex organ is the brain.
- No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In 5 years, will this matter”?
- Always choose living life to the fullest.
- Forgive everyone everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals almost everything. Give time…time.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Believe in miracles.
- Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
- Growing old beats the alternative—-dying young.
- All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
- Get outside everyday. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
- If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- The best is yet to come.
- Never underestimate the power of others abilities…or your own.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
- Live in the NOW. Always.
Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.
My final thought for the young and old, Be Bold– And live your life like nobody else has lived it, for no one can live your life but YOU! But, I believe Dr. Seuss said it best: “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You”.